Wheel horse in order to hide what rocks

I would like to begin this session with a short experience of mine.

Recently, I have been attached to a team of members who are highly enthusiastic and goal-oriented. I had a detailed task to finish. Though, with a timeline and proper instructions, I always complete my work on time, this time my work was interrupted by to many uninformed changes frequently. I have been trying to make it look better and better, which has made me invest the most of my time. This overwork has started eating me, and I was losing interest in something I had loved and cherished the whole of my life. I was eagerly waiting for this project to finish, and I had decided that I would not work with this team again because I was not getting time to revive my own worn-out soul. I need time for myself to work well. 

Now, when the work is finished, I feel like I am left with no work. Luckily, my friend gave me a few of his pending jobs, which he is not able to manage well with his schedule. My friend is not a chasing hunter; he just gives me reminders that work has to be done, and with that, I am comfortable. 

We are all well familiar with these terminologies in physics. Isn't it?
 
WORK(W)= FORCE(F) X DISTANCE(S)
 
Now, I applied a force in the front direction, and the box moved forward. This shows that our work is done. On the other hand, if I pushed the same box in a circular path and reached back to the starting point after an hour, how much work is being done here? Probably so much, yes. In physics, work done is zero, which means no work is done because the distance between the initial distance and the final distance is zero. 
The same work operates in our daily lives as well, but here the work is understood as a profession, an engagement, daily chores, and something your life involves. 
We feel worthy when we start earning. Am I right? We seek to acquire good positions in our workplace because that gives us our identity and a sense of respect and responsibility. When work is so important that it defines our identity, shows our status, and shows who we are, do we really think about it seriously? 
I was always interested in reading civics and history, but I never chose the arts as my subject, in which I found maximum enjoyment and satisfaction. Why? Because it did not provide a safe and secure position. I chose science; I enjoyed it also, but it did not give me clarity on what I wanted to do because it was not something that came from inside. I chose them under the influence of the world. So, I chose to hide in the chorus of the crowd. I began my profession and tried hard to start liking it, which never happened, but I definitely broke down. Many times we choose to live and suffer the unappealing profession only because it makes us capable of paying our bills. We fail to feel the pain our inner self is bearing every time we refuse to do what it wants us to accomplish and remain in our comfort zone, crushing our inner self. 
Hence, when we reach retirement, we ask ourselves, "So much work was there, and now everything is gone." For such dummy men, work was an engagement and not a passion to live on. We all choose engagement only. Very few people are there who go out of their way to make their cherished works their passion and pursue them. They are the true ones who allow themselves to interact with their inner beings and make their work show who they really are. Some of the examples are Sachin Tendulkar; we know him more as a very good cricketer than as a corporate worker. A P. J. Abdul Kalam Sir, who did what he felt he was good at, and there is not a match for him till date. They all chose to listen to their inner selves and refused to hide. Here I would like to quote Steve Jobs views, which I too admire and find inspiration from: 
 
"It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do."
 
Create a place for yourself rather than living like the frog in the well. This can happen only when we know ourselves, and to know ourselves, we need to come out of our hidings and face our inner selves. We are always caught up here, which is well captured by Steve Jobs's quote:
 
"Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice."
 
Indeed, we listen to others too much to hear our own inner voice. This is the reason we try to struggle to live: because we are trying to live, others will not be our own. The main takeaway from this work post is this message through the quote of Steve Jobs: 
 
"The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do it."
 
I rest my argument by presenting this question to you all: Do we listen to this crazy voice of our inner self that has the capability to change the world we live in?


Comments

  1. Work is worship. Be it any form of work. Because it gives us a reason for being. Everything we do in life is work be it at office or at home. How we feel about it depends entirely on us though..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff