Five limbs of our decision

We all have been in a situation where we feel lost or our decision seemed to be wrong. This is the point when our life's challenges seem raging and I feel drowning. What to do then? In such a situation only two options are left: either decide to put my oars and start paddling like a crazy monkey searching for food or decide to plan beforehand and be prepared to meet the challenges. To our surprise, this emergency insightful planning is always there with us, but in our subconscious mind, which evaluates everything beforehand and keeps us ready to meet the challenges. Let us consider this situation,  somebody throws a ball at us, and immediately, our hands rise and catch the ball so that I am not hurt. Similarly, when I fail to do homework I always have an excuse in my mind before I face my teacher. Isn't it? These all are our subconscious mapping. I have projected this issue so that we all can now tap this subconscious power, consciously and avail its tremendous benefits to make our destiny. This mapping process has five elements. They are

1) Our beliefs and unconscious rules

2) My life values

3) My references

4) The habitual questions that I ask myself, and 

5) The emotional states I experience in each moment.

The synchronous entwining of all these elements creates the force that is responsible for prompting me or stopping me from taking action, choosing to anticipate or worry about my future, or making me feel loved or rejected. If we can change one of these elements, then we can bring about a major change in our lives. Let us explore this.

Beliefs are nothing but our assumptions/ideas that we consider to be true owing to an event in the past. So, our past builds our belief system. A good past might generate a good belief system that might be helpful in our decision making and bad experiences will carve a bleak belief system always guiding us to the negative pole. 

Values are our core beliefs and principles that guide our actions and decisions. These values act as a benchmark that gives direction to our decisions. If the standards meet the benchmark we will go with it or else reject it. They lead us on the most appropriate path. These values help us to resolve our conflicts. 

Similarly, references also impact our decisions. Here I would like to quote Dr. Eric Thomas's quote

"The people you associate with have the greatest influence on your life. Your relationships can either make you or break you and there is no such thing as a neutral relationship. People either inspire you to greatness or pull you down in the gutter, it's that simple. No one fails alone and no one succeeds alone."

Very true. Nothing happens in isolation. We need to be in a company. What matters most is who is our companion? Are they making us succeed or pulling us down? This is what we need to watch while choosing our friends. There is another aspect of references too. The more experiences I have, the more I can refer myself to those situations for guidance and consultation and become more resilient. 

Above all our emotional state does matter a lot. We all know our emotions have the power to ruin our world. Wisely managing our emotions leads us to the right path to success. 


On a similar note, the questions we ask ourselves do matter. "The tongue has the power of life and death." What we say that we become. If I keep saying, this is not my cup of tea; I will never try because I have already accepted that this is not my cup of tea, how can I overcome its challenges then. 


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2024


Comments

  1. The people we associate with matter a lot. They can make or break us. Your post has a lot of contemporary relevance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. We associations do matters. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

Pedantic Perfectionism

Mesmerizing Materialism

Zest O! Zest! Why do you fade in discovering your inner self?