Focus

In this season waiting for a half marathon, I was thinking of making it more meaningful and grand. So, I was looking through my bookshelf to find the right pick of book that I could share with you all that would make our lives more meaningful. It took me a while but I finally landed on the book which is most needed for me at this point in time. This book can change our lives. So, as I keep adding topics to my list the surprises will keep popping up. The topic I will be discussing today is not part of the book but I feel this subject matter will prepare us to receive the contents of this book beautifully. Thus, to pave this learning and growth together,  I request you all to take a look at this image below and tell me which line is bigger red or green? 

I can hear murmurs that the red line is bigger than the green line. Let us view it with a different lens.



Now, what is your answer? Yes, both the lines are of the same length but the way they are presented made it look bigger. This is the famous Muller-Lyer illusion. 

I started with illusion because this is what we all get stuck with. The things we consider to be important make our life look different. Consider the above case: We need to focus on the line, rather we love to concentrate towards the start or the end which is different from what we need to look into. We get trapped in illusion and we miss the goal we need to accomplish. This focused element about our lives that could really change our lives is what I will be talking about in the rest of my posts. 


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2024

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

Comments

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

Pedantic Perfectionism

Mesmerizing Materialism

Zest O! Zest! Why do you fade in discovering your inner self?