Day-off day

Tired of the whole week's load, I long for the day off to refresh and rejuvenate me so that I have a week full of enthusiasm and sparks. So, the first thing that I love to do on my days off is to sleep a little longer. I loved to sleep for long hours during childhood, so when I sleep longer, I feel like I did something really good.

Then my day-off drill begins a day before when I arrange for things that I would like to cook on this day. Cooking has always been a very good stress buster for me, so on my days off, I always try to prepare something special to have with my family. I never like to have meals alone, so I see to it that we dine for dinner together. We watch TV, talk, and laugh while we enjoy our dinner. But on my days off, when I make special lunches and breakfasts, I feel I have accomplished something very good in my life, and I love to cook like this for my family.

The days off are my cleaning days. I clean my house completely and do the laundry. So, this is my day to make my upside-down house a well-organised human house.

So by the time I finish all these daily courses, I am already exhausted. I love to go for a nap, which I cannot do on my working days. This is really relaxing.

Finally, if I am in a good mood, I do some craft work to make myself feel content and rejuvenate my soul. I sometimes do card-making, which is my favourite; sometimes I paint; and other times I love doing embroidery or crochet. When I complete them, that makes me feel satisfied and happy.

These are some good days.

I always love to spend time on days off when I just don't feel like doing anything. Those days, I just relax, giving myself full freedom to be myself. 

I still remember when I first started my job, if somebody asked me to work on my day off, that would send me mad. With time and age, I learned to go with the flow and never forget to enjoy, be it on my day off or on my working day. Just live in the present and enjoy everything that goes well.

I learned not to be bound by days off but to live and embrace every moment over the course of time,

So now I don't wait and pile up my work for days off, but finish as much as I can. So on my days off, I can sit and enjoy anything and everything with my family.

Work became more enjoyable when I learned to embrace my day off like a prize. After a tiring week's work, stepping into a day off is like stepping into paradise. I really long to be in this place when I can be me. No one disturbs me on this day.

 

 

This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop www.theblogchatter.com (May 23-29)


Comments

  1. Work that you enjoy doing is no more work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true sir. That's why transforming work to and enjoyable ground is best stress buster.

      Delete
  2. I also feel my weekends as a prize for working hard the whole week. I love to take nap, watch something and cook. Cleaning shelves is always on my list but seldom I am able to finish them as holidays vanish in a blink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same happens with me always. But still I never give up on putting them in my list. I always feel there will be someday that was just perfect....but I think thank God it is not perfect so I can always dream to do something on my next day off and my life goes on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff