Bind or blind....

Today, I would like to talk about a meme I saw on the internet. As you see this meme, you will start admiring yourselves even more.

How many times have you done this?

Actually, I understood it differently. As I was going through the comments, I realised that I had understood it differently. In this post, I will be discussing my own view.

When we ourselves are broken or hurt and our children cry of hunger. Do you hide in the bathroom and keep crying?

I think most of you will say no, we don't, because the wail of children is more than the mourning within us.

Let me navigate you all to another location. This time we are on a train, and you are leaving your family to study abroad. You will not be reuniting with your family for another 2 years. Your heart is full of sadness, and you just don't want to engage in anything but yourself. Just at that moment, the passenger next to you was nauseating. Will you be preoccupied and sad? Or will you attend the passanger?

I am sure all those who are in their good senses will override your sadness and attend to the call of the hour.

But this does not happen when you hold resentment in your heart. The roar of resentment is mightier than the whispers of compassion. When we hold resentment, our mind has only one cassette playing over and over again—the cassette of wrongdoing. The tyranny of this issue is that the more the cassette plays, the greater the blindness towards the offender, and we reach a point where we have no compassion for the other person. We become indifferent and inhuman.

This is where the forgiveness starts to work. We forgive for ourselves. We forgive so that we do not become cruel devils, losing our calm and composite being. We forgive so that we do not lose our insightful vision and ruin what was meant to bloom and grow bigger and bigger, becoming the shade of a banyan tree forever.

So, I leave a question for all my readers: What will you choose?

BLINDESS OR BINDNESS.

 

#WriteAPageADay

Comments

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff