O dear, give a look to yourself

 

"To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness."

                                                                                        Robert Morely


William Shakespeare chose to define the seven stages a man ages through in his poem, "The Seven Ages of Man." So the first stage is an infant. An infant is totally blank. We are free to scribe as we like, and she becomes the same. The innocence of childhood and the blankness of worldly knowledge give them freedom to enjoy the world as they wish. As she moves further, we see that she becomes a schoolgoer. In the beginning, life brings new experiences that are good and receptive. Now, she experiences challenges to prove herself in the field of studies or other competitions. Here, the feeling of inferiority sweeps in. This is the point where she starts to compare herself with others and feels low and incapable.

As we move through the verses, we find that we learn new things as we advance through our lives. The farther we move, the more burdened we become.

So, over the ages, we have gathered so much baggage full of inferiority feelings, failure experiences, worthlessness, and self-sabotaging feelings. These smogs are enough to blur our true image of ourselves. Further, we have now become more people-pleasers than self-analyzers. We are so groomed that we only know how to serve others. It is good to serve others, as it brings satisfaction, but not without looking at yourself.

Recently, I fell sick and was unable to carry out my daily tasks. Everything went upside down, but I can't help. I gave myself time, and I rested. This rest rejuvenated my soul. For the first few days, I slept and slept, which helped me recover from my illness. Then after that, I slowly started to work, and then I realised that I had been busy all these days planning my schedules for the whole week. I ran all through the day to make money, but in doing so, I never looked at myself. I hardly remember giving myself time to eat fruits and amla, which are good for my health. I bought them all for my family members, but I forgot to feed them to myself, and the result was my illness.

Similarly, I also realised I was getting very irritated. I felt this some time ago, and I started meditating, but I still cannot feel the calmness within me. When I fell sick, I realised that I was not attending to my needs. I know I feel good when I write, but for my own personal reasons, I stopped writing, making myself suffer a lot.

So, today I choose to take time and write every day for myself and my well-being. Hence, friends, we all need to become financially secure but not at the cost of ourselves, so I appeal to you all to please attend to your nutritional needs as well as the spiritual, social, and psychological needs of your own selves too. YOU ARE ALSO IMPORTANT.


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023 

Comments

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff