Cracks on the door

Have you ever tried to close your eyes with your hands?

If we keep our fingers tight, light finds no way, but if we loosen our ties between the fingers, we can see the golden glow of light.

We have all played hide and seek. Isn't it? We have all gone and hid ourselves behind the doors. Yes. If the door is shut tight, we fear the darkness that dwells there. We suffocate as air becomes scarce inside. But if we allow a small opening, light makes its way through, as does the ray of hope in our hearts. The air also manages to keep us alive.

These small childhood experiences refreshed me as I happened to read these lines from Sufi teacher, philosopher, and poet Rumi.

"The wound is the place where the light enters you."

We have all seen a bud. It is well protected within the green sepals. We do not know how it would look until it is a bud. But as it grows, the bud stretches and cracks appear in the sepals, which allows us to see streaks of the colour of the flower to be bloomed.

Something similar happens in our lives. When we are born, we are like a white page, clean and clear. As we slowly grow, we meet many people and gain many experiences. Some experiences are really good and positively build our personalities. Other experiences are hurtful and painful. They inflict deep wounds in our hearts, causing us great pain and discomfort.

Had these experiences been only good, I would have never sat down and tried to explore what is troubling me and why I am sad. What makes me feel hurt? etc. These wounds created a gap between my outer self and my inner self, shedding light on those corners that had been hidden from me but were part of me all the time. These wounds compelled me to introspect and get to know myself a little better. They introduced me to my true self and encouraged me to embrace these wounds, which allow the outer enlightening light to penetrate the deep corners of myself and help me understand myself better.

So, never consider your hardship a punishment. If hardship has come, that means life is illuminating a hidden part of you. Spend time with yourself when your wound is hurting, because that is the time when light is carving its way through your dark dungeon. Allow this light to reach the corners where it can so that it can help you explore what is hidden.

When the haze of darkness fades with the light, your true self shines, comforting you with all the wrongs that have been done to you. So, know that when you are wounded, a ray of hope is about to enter you and make you bloom like the flower that has been unknown till date.

 

This post is a part of the Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023, or ‘This post is a part of the Blogchatter Half Marathon, and hyperlink it to: https://www.theblogchatter.com 

Comments

  1. Such an enlightening post. You said it 100% right. Difficulties ever make a person strong and loving. Whenever people used to praise him as great, Mahatma Gandhi carefully used to look at himself, invariably find a small defect and used to say, "I have this defect; I am not great!" That attitude alone made him the Personality of Great Inner Strength.. Thanks for sharing such a nice post.. Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff