Become somebody's staff

It is always said that life begins with oneself. Yes, I agree with you, as I said in my last post on self-love. But then my mind was drawn to something unique.

I still remember my ambitious school days, when I never failed to compete in every achievement. That was my adrenaline rush and my youthful plus life. For some time, this chase phase was awesome, but as I advanced in my life, many more surprises enlightened my happy life. I learned that achievement is just a drop in the ocean; I have to fathom many more fields of honour.

As I was learning the meaning of life, I observed something strange happening around me. I saw people stamping on others in order to climb their stairs of success. Many times, I am left behind in such races. At this point in time, an image rolls in front of my eyes. "The mother."

When a girl is married, she thinks of herself and her husband, but in this husband-wife relationship, the wife also expects something from the husband, and vice versa. As she plans to grow her family and nurtures a life within her, the world changes. Now, she does not expect it but thinks about what I can give to my child. Suddenly, instead of demanding, she relinquished. Life changes for her, and that is why the position of mother is at the top. When it comes to her children, she sees nothing but them.

Have you ever observed a hen nurturing her young chicken? She always sees that all her chickens are near her. She spreads her wings and hides her chicken as soon as she senses any danger. At night, she nursed them under her wings to keep them warm. A mother gives everything to see her children grow and bloom. She eats at last, after everyone is full. She has immense stamina; like a woman on wheels, she is right in place every time.

This makes the mother always special. She sees the forthcoming trouble and stands like a shield. I still remember my childhood days when everyone was trying to find our faults, and my mother stood there fighting. She alone fought and proved everyone wrong. Since my mother lifted me up in those low moments, today I feel proud to call her my mother. 

These all reminds me of Brooker T Washington quote

"If you want to lift yourself up lift up someone else."


This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2023 

Top post on Blogchatter

Comments

  1. I am with you in this. We need to lift the weak up and make them walk with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. What a thoughtful post. There is no joy more equavalent of succeeding with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review