Take a break to break the block

1. Just don't overload.

 "The time to relax

is when

there is no time for it."

                                                                            Sidney J Harris

The first argument I present for taking a break is when you feel you just can't take a break because the deadline is near or a lot is left to do. Just at that time, your body is too stressed out and is asking you for a break to relax and rejuvenate. It is something like when you were preparing the whole night for your final exam and in the morning you felt you forgot everything. Why? Because your brain was overloaded, like an electronic gadget, it went wrong. Similarly, when we work on our content, a lot of things go through our brains. Our brain does get overloaded, and there is a possibility that it might stop working.
 
2. Listen to your body's cry.
 
 
"If you don't pick a day to relax,
 
your body will pick it for you."
                                                                                Anonymous
 
Though content writing is sedentary work, the brain invests most to bring out beautiful creativity. In this quest, the brain cells wear out and get tired. This tiredness reduces its efficiency. So, you might be observing thought blocks, so many mistakes happening as you are writing, or maybe you just cannot focus. If we don't attend to these breaking signs, our body will plan one and take it. It is wise to pick up the signs of exhaustion and step into your break time.
 
3. Change of focus
 
"Sabbath isn't about resting perfectly;
 
it's about resting in the one who is perfect."
 
                                                                            Shelly Miller
 
The Sabbath is a Jewish concept. It involves religious observance and abstinence from work. So, those people, like Christians and Jews, leave all their daily work and just invest their time in meditating on God. The reason I brought this concept into content writing is to show you the importance of changing our focus for a while. For the whole week, they work sincerely to earn and bring about their living, but on the seventh day, they take rest and change their focus from earning to devoting themselves to God, the giver. This change of focus helps them to destress from their work and thank God, the provider. So, all the clogging doors open up as we shift our focus. Thus, we see how we can change our focus and bring about diversity in our perspectives, which makes your story really interesting and enjoyable.
 
4. Do not harden; prefer the change.
 
"We must always change, renew, and rejuvenate ourselves."
 
otherwise we harden."
                                                         
                                                           Johann Wolfgang von Goethe   
 
Changes are inevitable, and changes always renew and rejuvenate us. As we sit and write, our thought process and flow go in one direction, and we become eccentric. As we take breaks while writing, we open avenues for new thoughts to flow through our minds and refresh us, just like the waves of the sea, which turn every sand of the beach and always create a new canvas for creativity to be born again and again. I still remember my old school days, when I was sent out of my class. Standing out, I would take various postures so that I wouldn't get tired of standing. That changing position prevented me from becoming hard and stiff. Further, instead of being embarrassed by standing out, I would find some funny things to pursue so that my mind is not filled with rage and malice for my teacher who punished me. As authors, we need to write a lot. Such routine and stagnation block our creativity. So, when we choose to change our coats, we actually adopt empathic views, which add variety to our story. We no longer see from one angle but address all the possible outcomes.
 
5. Wear the flexibility gown always.
 
 
"Be flexible like the trees;
 
when the wind blows,
 
bend but do not break."
                                                                            Matshona Dhliwaya     
 

A few years ago, I happened to see this quote, and it touched my heart. Stress and storms are unpredictable, and when they come, they always turn upside down. I like the attitude of trees, who have no escape from the storm by bending but never breaking. Those trees who refuse to bend break. In our lives, when such challenging situations arise and we fail to concentrate well on our work, it is always wise to bend and take a break. Solve the problems, then come back and write. I once listened to a writer's way of working. He said that being a writer is a 24X7 job, but that doesn't mean I just keep writing. He further adds that as he gets up, he will help his kids get ready for school and drop them off at school. Then, when all the work is sorted out and the house is quiet, he sits and writes peacefully. Yes, I agree with his views. When there is so much work, I just can't sit and focus on my writing. So, taking breaks always gives me space to be more creative and innovative. Be flexible; that opens numerous avenues for you.

6. A vacation
 
We all love this, isn't it? Indeed, vacations are the real stress busters and our true solace. In this context, I will share three important perspectives that really enhance our content creation.
a) 
"Reading.......a vacation for the mind."
                                                                            Dave Barry
 
When we start creating our content, we just give it out on the blank pages, emptying our resources. So, most of you must have felt something like this:
i) 'I need to write because I feel overwhelmed with my emotions.' When you pour out all your emotions, you feel much better and more relaxed.
ii) ' I feel completely drained out from completing my novella.' This is because she is only giving out ...nothing is going inside.
 
These situations create emptiness in a writer, and as we know, empty vessels make much noise, so the author also shows out her frustrations when she feels she is unable to write anymore. Nothing to worry about here. This is quite normal. She has to go on a vacation with a beautiful book to replenish her lost resources.
 
b) 
"Travel brings power and love back into your life."
                                                                                                Rumi
 
One of the most important components of a vacation is travel. When you change your place, you break old auras, you break old ties, and you give space for new ones to arise. This is the magic of travel, and I always love to keep moving and exploring new things. So by doing this, I am nullifying my old crippling ties, which want me to suffocate. This is how I empower my refreshed look. My travels also introduce me to new ways of loving myself and expressing my love. In short, I renewed myself, which is now much more ready to face a new challenge. So, this power-packed new one is definitely much better than the old, dragging old dame. This reminds me of one more reason to relax like this.
 
c) 
 
"A mind stretched by a 
new experience
can never go back to its old 
dimensions."
                                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes
 
As I was discussing with you travel and rejuvenation, these words held much value, so I thought I would mention them for you all. Whenever we travel, we gather new experiences, and these new experiences never allow us to recoil back to our old stinking racks. This is the power of our travel and experiences that makes us, the authors, the real creators of magical wonders.
 
These are only a few reasons to relax and be more creative. We can explore many more ways to be even more creative.



This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop www.theblogchatter.com (May 29-June 5)

Comments

  1. Something to ponder... Change, renew, lest we harden... I'm inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a lot of gems - especially the flexibility and don't harden the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff