Nothing happens without a reason

Clear your vision; there is a lot to envision.

 

Let me carry you to the very first day of your life. You never knew where you would land. Who would be your father and mother? Or whether you will live or not live? Everything was suspenseful and surprising. Does the child have questions? No, she trusts the process and expects the best. She trusts the creator, and she knows whatever happens is going to bring only good.

Our lives also present such surprises and suspense all the time. Isn't it? No. Come with me and meet Naina. She is a housewife. She gets up early and prepares meal for everybody. She packs bags and sends everyone to work. Then in the afternoon she goes to pickup her five-year-old lovely doll Natasha at the bus stop. They used to have a lot of fun thereafter until Samir came from work at six in the evening. Then she again occupies her kitchen territory. One such afternoon, when she went to pick up her 5-year-old kid, her foot struck the stone, and she started bleeding. This is something really unwanted. The bus stop is far away, and I think the bus must have come also. The flowing blood and the pain frustrate her, and she doesn't know what to do. On the other hand, she is very worried for her daughter, who would be crying if she didn't find her at the bus stop. In no way does she find herself moving. She feels like wailing and cursing herself for bringing this misfortune upon her. She became bitter and broken.

We all fall into the trap of such doomsdays at some point in our lives. We also become bitter and broken. We also lose our temper and ruin our moments. I feel I always meet these jaws. I still remember my teenage days when such mishaps would send me out of control for days, and by the time I calmed down, much of the disaster had eaten up the cake. Then I would sit back and cry. Why did I go mad? Tribulations refused to leave me, and I refused to learn from them for years and years. This started depleting my positive energies, and I felt myself in a never-ending battle of fate.

I wanted to enjoy it, but my nature said you were meant to cry.

I wanted to smile and live my life, but my situation honked, saying you better die.

I wanted to sit and feel the peace while my mind burst with unease.

The beauty of life seemed to be permanently uprooted from my life, and I was in the dark dungeon of crisis for ever and ever. The arms of negativity seemed to be my all-time companion. It felt like rays of hope had developed enmity with my soul. Life looked like a tonne of guns.

I always heard everyone preach to me to think positively, to be optimistic, and to never give up hope. But, for me, all these seemed to hold an all-time impossible tagline. I tried them many times, but only succeeded for a day or two, and then I backslid.

I was always told to have courage and to believe that what God does is for good. But my heart always wanted to fight with God and say you only wrote tears in my life. Nothing was making the sun shine in my life; the level of poison was multiplying over the years. It seemed like God had also become deaf to my prayers.

That was the moment I saw this video. This touched my heart and transformed my life.

It is a story about a poor old man in a very remote village. He lived with a horse. He was very poor, and he could not get enough food to survive. The horse was beautiful. One day, a tradesman saw the horse and wanted to buy it. He offered the old man a double sum for it. The old man refused to sell. All the villagers were making fun of the old man for his decision. One day the horse was grazing the green grass and moved very far away from home and did not return. The villagers mocked him and said that he could have gotten the best value for the horse, but now the horse is also gone. The old man said, "It is neither good nor bad."

A week later, the horse returned. The man was very happy to see the horse again. He hugged him and embraced him. As the man opened his eyes, he saw twelve other horses circling his horse. They were as beautiful and healthy as his own horse. Then the villagers admired that he didn't sell his horse; now he could sell the twelve other horses and make good money. The old man said, "It is neither good nor bad."

Yet another day, the old man's only son was riding the horse. It was a beautiful morning, and everything seemed quite charming. Just then, the horse staggered and fell down. The old man's son, too, fell down and broke his leg. The villagers brooded over the bad luck of the old man. The old man said, "It's neither good nor bad." The villagers were thinking, "Is he gone mad?" His son was his only hope of old age, and he is now bedridden. How will life go for him?"

A month or so later, there was a deadly battle, and the army required many soldiers. So, the commander-in-chief ordered to recruit every healthy male from all the villages nearby. Every male member of the family was taken to the battle except for the son of the old man. The whole village was wailing as all their males were out in battle. They never knew if they could ever see them again in their lives. All of their hearts were full of sorrow.

The moral of the story is

1. Don't be too quick to judge things.

2. Be creative to receive the situations as neutral ones.

3. Don't be egocentric, look from everybody's perspective.

4. Don't be adamant and manipulative.

5. Allow the cosmos to always bring the best for you.

 

So the mental health takeaways are:

1. Learn to say, "It is neither good nor bad." (NONJUDGEMENTAL)

2. You can only see a part of the situation, so be flexible to see others perspectives too. Learn not to question why but to caress ties. (RECEPTIVE)

3. Don't become a person with hemianopsia (RIGID).

4. Be expectant to see what the universe has in reserve for you (HOPEFUL).

 

SLOGAN OF THE DAY

So for our mental health, let us remember to chase the RECEPTIVE and drop down the RIGID as we pull on the HOPEFUL leggings with the NONJUDGMENTAL tag.

 

 

Comments

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff