The connection between my outer and inner world

“Organisation begins 

with the awareness of 

what doesn’t work for us.”


1. Reincarnation

Captured memories from the aperture of time befalls themselves into the family album in the chronological line.

Their assembly joins hands to reincarnate the lived moment once again, giving us strength and refreshing our souls. 

We all have seen photo albums. 

Yes.

We cherish making marriage albums, school albums, travel and trip albums. What we do here is gather all the

moments and place them as we have lived or enjoyed. By this organisation I preserve my happy moments and live

them every time I turn those pages. 

If I had kept them thrown many would have been destroyed and many would have been lost also. Those moments

might even get washed off our minds too. 

Similarly, when I organise and make cherishable and liveable memories in my living space I am actually making

everyday albums and store them in my thought diary. These thought diaries are the soil of creative ideas.

Whenever I had dearth of ideas and I visit my albums, ideas pore in from these organised banks and carry me to

the ocean of creativity where I can weave numerous beauties. This is the power of reincarnation from my thought

albums and diaries. 

2. Prevents wrong path way and wrong calculation

I know maths is not everyone's cup of tea but still let us enjoy this drill. Don't worry, this drill is just for fun and

learning. Come let's calculate this 

3 x (2 + 4) + 52

= 6 + 4 + 5^2

= 10 + 25

= 35

and I think you must have also got the same answer. That's great but that is not the right answer. The calculation goes

like this. 

You must have heard about this concept BODMAS [Bracket, Order(power, indices), Division, Multiplication,

Addition, Subtraction]. Let us redo the above sum and see what comes out.

3 x (2 + 4) + 52

First is bracket things to be done so 2 + 4 = 6. Now the equation becomes

3 x 6 + 52

Second is orders i.e., exponent or power term which is 5^2 = 25. This makes the equation looks like this

3 x 6 + 25

Now, the third step is multiplication. So, 3*6 = 18. Thus, the final equation looks like this

18 + 25

So, finally we do addition making the answer as 43.

3 x (2 + 4) + 52 =18 + 25 = 43

You can see the difference in the answers. The moment we fail to follow the rules we make mistakes totally

misleading us to the world of gaffes. In order to find the right answer we need to know what is the rule or the

systematic way that leads to the right answer.

When in our outer world we have many things to do like sending children to schools, preparing presentations and

workshops, cleaning the house and washing clothes and doing the dishes. These all small small works keeps our

brain busy and we need to finish them just like BODMAS in order to find paths to calm our brain and see the content

I need to work. 

Suppose, I sit and write and my child fails to go to school. My inner conscience will be filled with guilt and my

focus on the content gets distracted and now I would do things in a hurry, ruining my goal. Hence, the quality of

content will deteriorate. In order to prevent this, I need to develop my daily routine to finish my daily course and

then sit for my content with a calm and peaceful mind. 

Similar is the workout with the concept of being organised in our lives too.  In order to understand this better we

take the help of Gestalt's principles of closure.

3. Our brain's wiring

In order to understand this better we take the help of Gestalt's principles of closure.

Before I begin to talk about this concept, I want you all to look this GIF (with source as GIZMODO -

gestalt principles)

What would you say?

A Dalmation dog. But I can only see black spots. How come I could say it was only a dog and that to a Dalmation? 

That is how our brain is wired. This principle says that whatever is presented to us, our brain tries to find the meaning.

It will organise all the broken fragments and try to make some sense.

Thus we see that when our outside is unorganised, we know not where to begin and where to end. Our brain is busy

sorting out the things so as to make some sensible outcomes to begin the work. Much of the energy is wasted here and

we cannot focus on the content we intended to write.

Whenever I am unable to clean my living room and everything looks like a dump yard, I feel something is just not

right and I just can't focus on what I really want to do. Then I begin cleaning up. When it is done, I feel much relaxed

and better. Even though tired, I feel energetic to focus on my content better and more creatively. 

5. Organisation saves times

Further, You all must have seen your mother keeping all her masalas well organised in her selves. Why does she do

that? This saves time and she cooks. 

In order to clarify this topic, I would take you through one of my experiences.

That time I was working in a neonatal intensive care unit. My ward was having some renovation work. So, things

were shifted to new places. Those things were mentioned to me too. An emergency came and I needed an emergency

drug. My mind immediately visited the old place because of my old brain wiring. Now the stress of the situation was

so much that I could not recollect the new location. When stress was gone, I could recall the place.

Similar thing happens when we sit for writing. You know that when you write thoughts just don't flow in an order. We

gather our contents in small chunks and then finally reorganise and present. So, if my outside is organised, I can pin

all my ideas wherever it comes-be it on road, in my bedroom or anywhere. I am always ready to receive them and add

up my volumes of content. Now, if I have a habit of keeping them all well organised, I will miss none of them.


4. Problem solving

When we face a big problem. We break them into small fragments and join them one-by-one that will ultimately lead

to the final goal. We join points and construct the whole route to the solution. Even in the concept of problem-solving

the presenting problem appears to be very big and impossible to solve. As we divide this big problem into small

problems, they seem to have a solution. Joining all these small solutions makes the blueprint of our main problem.

Here is where I will now introduce you to being organised. So, when I find that I am not able to write I try to explore

the cause of it.

Now, writing is not a 9-5 job. It is a 24X7 job. So, we need to create a balance between our daily routines and writing.

If our daily routines are being hindered our mood gets affected and this in turn affects our investment on writing and

our quality of writing.

When we organise our living space by framing a good schedule and then investing in writing we feel we can invest

more as well as in a better way. Therefore you will see writers prefer to write during night or when the kids have gone

to the schools because now they can invest well without disturbances. 

Secondly, at times unwanted things come in our lives and that causes us stress and distracts us from our writing. How

to deal with such mood inflictions? I will be dealing with this in the next section.

4. Mindfulness meditation

We all say such things. Isn't it. 

"Today, I have no mood to do work and you sleep the whole day."

You also say, "My mood is off and I don't feel like anything."

Our mood is something which is in our inside and this inside thing is shown outside. If our mood is good we like to

keep our things neat and we do so much of work. On the other hand, when our mood is low, even though we have time

we just do nothing and keep things in a disorganised way.

This mood plays an integral role in our writing journey too. As writers we do take special care to safeguard our mood

so that it does not affect our writing. We do it in many ways. One such way is mindful meditation.

We all are familiar with the word called meditation. It is defined as a family of techniques consciously attempting to

focus our thoughts and attention. There are many ways of meditation, one among them is mindful meditation.

When we talk about mindful meditation we  mean to develop a stable and nonreactive awareness of one's internal and

external experiences. These awarenesses make us respond to life in a more mindful way. In mindfulness meditation

whenever I face an internal or external stress, I distract myself from it by focusing on how I am breathing. So, when

my outer world is disorganised - this distracts my attention and I am unable to focus on content writing. Here, I make

myself aware of what is troubling me and mindfully reduce my stress. This shift of focus makes me relax. In a relaxed

state I am able to write in a much better way.


I would like to end our this journey of organisation with these thoughts of Austrian-American management consultant,

educator, and author Peter Drucker

“The purpose of an organisation is

to enable common men

to

do uncommon things.”

References:

1. Williams E(2023, May 9). "What is BODMAS and BIDMAS: Explained for primary school 

parents with practice questions." 

 https://thirdspacelearning.com/blog/what-is-                    bodmas/#:~:text=BODMAS%20is%20an%20acronym%20to,-Addition%2C%20S-Subtraction.

2. Pathath, Abdul. (2017). "Meditation: Techniques and Benefits." International Journal of 

Current Research in Medical Sciences. 3. 162-168. 10.22192/ijcrms.2017.03.06.021.

3. Kristeller, J. L. (2007). Mindfulness meditation.

Inspiration: 

1. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/413064597043084924/

2. https://in.pinterest.com/pin/436849232588779808/

This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop www.theblogchatter.com (May 16-22)



Comments

Post a Comment

Posts most loved

The power of your presence(magic)

The grande matriarch of Malabar- Book review

Become somebody's staff